Climbing the Heights

Saturday, August 15, 2015

As I Call to You

As I call to you
Upon the morn of day
What can express
This gracious gift

Of life and breath
And deliverance
From death 

Though I am oft
In contempt
And discontent

My will is not
Thy will I ought
To do

Though I have not
The means to see
Nor ears to hear
For fear grips me

Peace come dwell
As promised in prayer
And thanks for this
And all tis bliss

Thy bounty beyond 
Imagining give me
The desire and will
You require

Before I retire
For all my days 
This one thing I ask
That I may praise

With fullness of heart
And grace and forgiveness 
Be part in me

So may thy kingdom work
And all within around
Be done

And humble I 
To testify what grace
And goodness

You have brought
Tis not of my own
Doing

But sure and only
Of my God and King
Oh Ruler of everything

-Joshua Lee Foist

No comments: