Climbing the Heights

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Surrendering all to that which shall never fade

Surrendering all to that which shall never fade
For all my hope is stayed upon Him
And all fleeting fantasies
Find their fancies no more

For all that I do adore
May it lie with thee
And thee alone
Evermore

This much is sure
None other
Shall I seek
Though I am weak

Thy joy untamed
My hope beyond lies
In you who know me
Full well

Strip me of my idolatry
For acceptance
May it only be in you
Who remain true

For all as I
Are but fallen
And broken

Thy love alone
Be my living hope
This joy I know
Shall not fade

But increasing
All the more
As I reach
The other shore

Where thy
Celestial lands
Begin and sorrows
Are at their end

For here come
My savior friend
Brother and king

The hope of everything
For which my soul
Doth sing
Tis here

-Joshua Lee Foist

No comments: